AVIAREPS Italy now joined by France and the Nordics to provide public relations and marketing support.
Following through on a mandate from Premier Honourable Andrew A. Fahie and the Board of Directors, to have one agency with the optimal combination of public relations, travel trade connections and expert knowledge of the markets to represent the Territory in multiple European markets, the British Virgin Islands (BVI) Tourist Board & Film Commission has contracted the AVIAREPS agency.
AVIAREPS will help the destination achieve its goals of expanding into new European markets as well as consolidating its presence in established markets. One of the world’s leading sales, marketing & communications agencies for travel and lifestyle brands, AVIAREPS, will provide public relations and marketing representation in Italy, France, French-speaking Switzerland and the Nordic region (Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland). The agency’s dedicated teams will implement market-specific PR and marketing strategies to support the BVI’s continued safe and responsible phased reopening for leisure and business travel this year.
Using their local knowledge and expertise in public relations and marketing, the AVIAREPS teams will work to bring the BVI’s unique offerings to more travelers by implementing strategies focused on the following areas:
• Promoting the opportunities in the MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Events) sector for businesses looking to reconnect in a safe and responsible environment
• Tapping the demand for sailing vacations for which the Territory has gained its reputation as the Sailing Capital of the World
• Educating the travel trade and consumers on the BVI’s rebooted and revitalized accommodations sector, including new and renovated resorts and villas
• Reaffirming the Territory’s position as a leading destination for weddings, honeymoons and other celebrations
• Executing the BVI Tourist Board & Film Commission’s international promotions “Find Yourself Here” and “Something to Celebrate”
According to BVI Director of Tourism Clive McCoy, “We were challenged by the Premier and our Board of Directors to find one agency to represent the destination in multiple European markets. After considering various options, we selected AVIAREPS, not only because they have ably represented us in the Italian market for the past 6 years but because of their 27 years of experience as a marketing agency and their wide network of offices throughout Europe and worldwide. We’re impressed with the fact that they rely on a network of staff and associates that are not only expert marketers but also have an intimate local knowledge of their respective markets. That is the reason why we are excited to work with AVIAREPS to further penetrate the European markets and expand into the Nordic countries.”
Thomas Drechsler, COO Tourism, AVIAREPS commenting on the contract said, “We’re grateful that, after many years of working with the BVI in Italy, they have entrusted us in even more markets. We’re looking forward to helping them navigate their safe reopening in multiple European regions, while building on the great foundation we’ve helped establish in the Italian market.”